OSIS is nominated for the FD Gazellen. The FD Gazellen are the fastest growing companies in the Netherlands. Every year het Financieele Dagblad will announce the winners of this prestigious contest. The winners of 2018 will be announced in November. Please find below the criteria for the FD Gazellen. https://fd.nl/ondernemen/1251789/criteria-fd-gazellen-2018
OSIS will participate in one of the panel discussions at the SCI’s 4th Annual Capital Relief Trades Seminar. We are happy to be there because this seminar together with the SCI CRT conference in New York is the best seminar where banks and investors in CRT transactions can meet and discuss the latest developments in this field. https://www.structuredcreditinvestor.com/capital-relief-trades-seminar-October-2018/#schedule
On 4 September 2018 we were nominated for the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018. The Deloitte Technology Fast 50 is an annual election of the fifty fastest growing technology companies in the Netherlands. Thursday, October 11 the final ranking will be festively announced in Amsterdam.
OSIS has developed a statistical model to predict the probability of default (PD) of Dutch SME’s in line with the Basel definition of default. Herewith we overcome the lack of data with small banks and alternative lenders and make them become more recognizable by regulators and institutional investors. We hope this model will support small banks and alternative lenders to become a competitive and growing source of financing in the Dutch SME market.
In addition, OSIS helps SME lenders with the pooling of historical default and loss data and digitizing financial statement information into SBR (Standard Business Report) language.
For more information, please contact:
Philip de Koning
Tel : +31 70 32 60 370
We have put the EU wide stress test 2016 data published by EBA into a user friendly environment. The use can compare the resulst of different banks in different countries and jurisdictions.We will repeat this exercise in November 2018 once the new results are available.
All OSIS tools are available online and accessible through desktop or mobile devices.If you need mor detail, please contact us.
OSIS has developed Athena to support originators and investors to structure a Credit risk transfer transactions. With Athena the user can navigate through a changing regulatory and macro economic landscape and to optimize the underlying loan portfolio composition from both an investors’ and an originators’ perspective.
Athena offers easy to use portfolio analytics looking at many different variables:
- Industry compositions (SME, CRE, Large Corp, Project Finance)
- Single name concentrations (SME)
- LTV buckets (RMBS, CRE)
- PD and LGD compositions
- Maturity profile
- PD & LGD estimates from OSIS (RMBS).
Athena offers a credit model with in-depth economic analyses of the pool and potential tranches:
- IRR at each confidence level as a function of:
- Attachment and detachment point of each tranche
- Macro stress scenario
- Discount rate
- Excess spread
- Sequential or pro rate amortization
- Time calls and clean up calls
- Providing an iterative process to amend the composition of the pool or change pricing / tranching
- Value the transaction in function of different stress and regulatory scenarios discounting the invested amount of capital against future capital repayments and realized capital relief, timing of provisions (CECL, IFRS9), protections fees and net income
Hoe risicovol is uw hypotheek in vergelijking met die van andere huizenbezitters?
De Nederlandse huizenmarkt lijkt zich geheel hersteld te hebben van de kredietcrisis. Volgens Calcasa zijn de huizenprijzen in het eerste kwartaal van 2018 in 12 maanden tijd met 9% gestegen en zijn de prijzen landelijk al weer 12% hoger dan 10 jaar geleden. In Amsterdam liggen de huizenprijzen al weer 43% hoger dan 10 jaar geleden.
De vraag die zich nu aandient is staan we aan de vooravond van een nieuwe bubbel in de huizenmarkt en hoe bewust zijn de aspirant-kopers van het risico dat ze lopen bij het kopen van een huis en het aantrekken van een hypothecaire geldlening; voor velen de meest risicovolle beslissing in hun leven?
OSIS heeft statistisch model ontwikkeld op basis van 40% van de Nederlandse hypothekenmarkt. Op basis van 7 variabelen kan de gebruiker zien wat de kans op betalingsproblemen is en hoe het risico zich verhoudt ten opzichte van andere huizenbezitters met een hypotheek. Aan de linkerkant van het plaatje zitten de minst risicovolle huizenbezitters en aan de rechterkant de huizenbezitters met het hoogste risico.
Daarnaast kan de gebruiker bekijken wat de situatie wordt als er op korte termijn weer een huizencrisis komt zoals tijdens de kredietcrisis (huisprijsdaling 21%) of de nog grotere huizen crisis eind jaren ’70 (huisprijsdaling van 35%). In de laatste check gaan we er vanuit dat alleen het huis van de gebruiker door de crisis wordt geraakt en de distributie ongewijzigd blijft.
Met deze tool hopen we dat particulieren meer bewust worden van het risico dat ze lopen bij het aangaan van een hypothecaire geldlening. De resultaten van dit model zijn slechts een indicatie en dus aanvaarden wij geen enkele aansprakelijkheid. Daarnaast zal model in de toekomst worden aangepast op basis van nieuwe ervaringsgegevens waardoor de resultaten kunnen veranderen.
How risky is your mortgage in comparison to other homeowners?
The Dutch housing market appears to be recovering from the credit crisis. According to Calcasa, property prices in the first quarter of 2018 increased by 9% over the previous 12 months and 12% over the last 10 years. In a city as Amsterdam, house prices have even increased by 43% over the last 10 years.
Are we entering a new bubble and are prospective homebuyers aware of the risks they run when buying a home with a mortgage – for many borrowers this could be the most risky decision of their lives?
OSIS has developed a statistical model based on 40% of the Dutch mortgage market. Based of seven variables, the user can see how their mortgage payment risk is rated relative to other home owners with a mortgage. To the left of the picture are the least risky homeowners and on the right, the most risky.
In addition, the user can see how things look in the short term if there is a housing crisis as during the credit crisis (house prices fell 21%) or an even larger housing crisis as in the late 1970’s (house prices fell 35%). In the last check we do, we assume that only the user’s home is hit by the crisis and the others remains unchanged.
With this tool, OSIS hope that individuals become more aware of the risks they run when taking out a mortgage. The results of this model are indicative only and therefore OSIS accept no liability. OSIS will adjust and update the model in the future based on new empirical data which may change the results.
Certification ISAE 3402 type 1
OSIS, has also decided to issue an ISAE statement by Ernst & Young Accountants LLP based on testing the implementation of September 2017.
The objective of the ISAE3402 declaration is to demonstrate to our online customers and their internal organization that the quality of service provided by OSIS is sufficiently guaranteed. The quality of the service is demonstrated in the statement by assessing the design, existence and operation of the internal controls. For internal control, OSIS has set up and implemented a framework to ensure the quality of the management system and to anchor the processes. With this system, OSIS manages its risks.
ISAE 3402 deals with assurance engagements that are performed at a service organization. This is done to provide customers of services of this service organization and their accountants with a reasonable degree of certainty about the internal control measures of the service organization. The scope of the investigation is limited to processes and control measures, insofar as they are important for the audit of the financial statements of the services-purchasing entity.
For this OSIS provides the following services that are in scope for this report:
- Online services like Investor reporting, Athena and Metis provides system and application management, optimal security and a daily backup. This is also called a cloud, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) or Application Service Provider (ASP) solution;
- Data security is an absolute priority for OSIS. This security applies to both the hosting provider, the data connection and data management;
- OSIS uses the sub-service organization Amazon Web Services to provide Platform as a Service hosting and housing services. In addition OSIS uses the sub-service organization Dropbox and Amazon Web Services to provide data exchange services between clients and the service provider. For its description OSIS uses the carve-out method for both sub-service organizations. OSIS’ Description includes only the control objectives and related controls of OSIS and therefore excludes the control objectives and related controls of Amazon Web Services and Dropbox.
Not in scope:
The risk and validation models, which are used by the user organizations, have been tested and accepted by the user organization prior to the initiation of the SaaS hosting. OSIS’ core processes manages these risk and validation models and their underlying life cycle.
When is the ISAE 3402 type 2 report available?
The next report will be the reporting for the entire year September 2017 until September 2018. To make a complete report, the year must be finished. Because the audits can take some time at the accountant, it is expected that the next report will be available around quarter 4 2018. We do not have ‘Bridge letters’ available for the meantime.
OSIS™ is looking for a full time Software Developer based at its office in The Hague. The Software developer will work in an innovative environment of a dynamic analytics and software’s boutique. The position is full time and suited for a motivated individual with demonstrable affinity with software development and financial industry. Candidates should have strong quantitative and communication skills with at least 3 years of relevant work experiences in a similar function.
OSIS™ offers an attractive reward package, an investment in further education and an inspiring, international working environment with clients in Europe, North America, Asia and Australia. We work for tier 1 banks, insurance companies, fintech companies, asset managers and pension funds.
Responsibilities of the Software Developer are:
- Maintenance, improvement and development of the OSIS™ data and software infrastructure
- Develop professional, intuitive web-based solutions in close co-operation with our clients, client support team and model development team
- Document the technical details of your work clearly to facilitate collaboration with other team members and ensure quality control
Requirements for this position include the following:
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, Software engineering Artificial Intelligence
- 3-5 years of related work experience.
- A strong foundation in programming or web development, including distributed version control, Linux operating systems, and web frameworks.
- Experience working with and managing large data sets, data cleaning and transformations, and providing preliminary descriptive statistics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- GitHub portfolio or other accessible code samples desired.
- Demonstrable affinity with the financial industry.
- Enthusiastic and creative team player.
- English both verbal and in writing (one or two other European languages is a plus).
Applications package: CV and motivation
For sending your application or more information please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org | +31 70 32 60 370